The Secrets Of The Locksmith Industry
All businesses have secretes, and locksmith is no different. However, there are some secretes that we would like you to know about, just to ensure you are not scammed by a con artist pretending to be a locksmith.
A few things most locksmiths won’t tell you:
- When you get a new house or apartment, ensure your locks are re-keyed. The main reason is there is probably a copy of your key out there, that can easily open your new home.
- If your keys don’t turn, try the WD-40 or silicon spray. Sometimes, the pins are just jammed, and in most cases, lubrication can solve the problem. By doing so, you avoid wasting your money and time.
- Never believe a dealer that claims only he can duplicate your car keys. The car dealership does hold the original key, but so does professional locksmiths. The difference is a locksmith will come out to you while otherwise you’ll have to tow you car to the dealership in order to make a copy, making the cost much higher.
- The Best lock is a well installed dead bolt. It has at least a one-inch latch and a security plate with screws that varies from three inches long. Those are secured through the door’s wood frame.
- Common mistakes we make with our safes: attempting to open it before its unlocked, spinning the dial too fast, force closing it even when it obviously has a problem.
- If one of your doors is close to a window, using a thumb turn is a bad idea. Burglars can easily brake the window glass, stretch their hands in, and turn the lock. A double sided dead bolt is more secured.
- Contractors are usually not as good at installing bolts. They are not aware of the needed requirements for installation, unlike the locksmith, who is trained for it. And when locks are not well installed, it is a vulnerability.
- Locksmith professionals sometimes work in cooperation with local law enforcement. We help them make keys in order to get into buildings at night so they can set up surveillance equipment.
So these were a few of the industry secrets most locksmiths won’t tell you from different reasons..As a trusted locksmith, Naples Locksmith 24/7 in SW Florida aims to provide the best, honest locksmith service to our customers.